What Is SMM (Social Media Marketing)?
Social media marketing refers to the process of gaining website traffic or attention through social media sites.
It includes any online media platform where users can interact with each other, share information, and participate in the creation of content in some way.
Social media marketing plays a crucial role in any inbound marketing strategy and is highly effective for driving significant traffic to your website and managing the online reputation of your brand. In addition to creating exposure, awareness and building authority, social signals such as likes and shares are increasingly becoming a more important factor to improving your organic search positioning.
Nowadays, over 80% of customers find out about brands and build a relationship with them online. So we go to where your customers are and engage them (in a variety of ways) to get them to learn more about your brand. Then we work to convert them into loyal customers. Finally, we encourage them to spread the word about your brand to all their friends so you get even more clients.
Advantages of SMM:
- Builds trust with your customers
- Increases awareness of your brand
- Engages customers and improves communication
- Allows your company to join the conversation
- Increases website traffic
- Widens your target market
- Ability to develop targeted marketing activities
Social Media Marketing Services
Our team has analyzed the details of your request and we have identified the most relevant social media platforms for your website and niche.
Below is a list of the main social media outlets we would recommend for your business:
Facebook is a social networking service that lets you connect with friends, co-workers, and others who share similar interests or who have common backgrounds. Users must register before using the site, after which they may create a personal profile, add other users as friends, exchange messages, and receive automatic notifications when they update their profile. For many users it’s a way to stay in touch after finishing school, or as a way to share their life publicly. Additionally, users may join common-interest user groups, organized by workplace, school, or other characteristics, and categorize their friends into lists such as “People from Work” or “Close Friends”. What makes Facebook different from other social networks are its extensive privacy controls, its development platform, and its large and quickly growing user base. Currently Facebook has over billion users.
What exactly are the benefits of having a Facebook business page?
- Increased exposure to potential customers
There are currently over one billion users on Facebook. Can we ignore this huge field of potential customers? Of course not!
- Reach a huge targeted audience
Thanks to personal information on the users’ pages there is opportunity to see and to choose who your targeted clients are. Age, sex, interests, education, marriage statuses…. There is no better way to target your clients than on Facebook.
- Build brand loyalty
These days, people look online to find businesses to buy from — and they predominately search social media. If your followers see you being active & responsive, they’re much more likely to do business with you than a company with no Facebook presence or a poorly run page. If you consistently provide valuable & entertaining content, your followers will stay loyal — even when you make mistakes.
- Increase your web traffic
Posting links to your website is an essential part of any Facebook content strategy. By using your website link in posts you can generate a steady flow of website visitors just from your Facebook page.
Customers who come to your website from Facebook are likely to be more receptive than the average visitor, because they already know something about your business and were motivated to click the website link.
- Provide customer support
Customers can post after-sales questions on your Facebook wall, and your staff can answer them there. This is often more efficient than staff answering phone calls, and allows other customers to read common questions and answers without having to approach you individually.
- Talk to existing and potential customers
You can talk to your customers by sharing information related to your business that is actually useful or interesting to other users. This increases your credibility and promotes your business by building long-term relationships with other users. You should also listen as much as you talk. Paying attention to what the market thinks about your business, your industry, a product or a marketing campaign can provide valuable insights.
- Be mobile ready
The vast majority of Facebook users are accessing the site via their mobile devices — many of them only using their mobile device. The great thing about a Facebook page is Facebook optimizes your page for both desktop & mobile devices.
- Boost SEO
There are actually two benefits in terms of SEO. First, Google considers your website as more trustworthy if you have Facebook page and have a link to your website on it. So a Facebook page can potencially increase your search engine ranking. And there is one more benefit – you can use your Facebook page as an additional page to optimize for search engines. So you can get two platforms on first page of Google – your website and your Facebook page too.
- Gather more leads
We all know that we can’t control third parties like Google or Facebook. But what if Facebook disappears one day? If you haven’t made a connection with your followers outside of Facebook, then you’ll be in trouble. That’s why smart businesses gather leads in the form of email addresses — so they can contact their community outside of Facebook.
With all that mentioned above we can’t ignore the fact that Facebook is an important and valuable part of marketing strategy for any size of business.
- Current client engagement:
Build a strong relationship with current clients such as students and parents.
- New client involvement
Gain new clients by attracting them from within your Facebook page activity.
- Build brand loyalty
Improve brand awareness through your Facebook page activity and build strong brand loyalty which will also help in new franchisee attracting.
- Increase website traffic
Increase the amount of website visitors through the posting of website link on Facebook page
- Current students
- Parents of current students
- Potential students
- Parents of potential students
- Franchisees (as an additional)
- Determine social media strategy:
In the beginning we will review the short and long term goals of your social media. We will go through an overall plan for initial and on-going social media activities and adjust it within your view of campaign and our recommendations.
- Initial discussion of campaign’s key goals
- Competitor research to understand how they are performing on Facebook, what their strategies are and which methods they use.
- After competitor research and with the knowledge about their strengths and weaknesses, we will identify what makes your company different and how we can use it in our social media campaign.
- Social media strategy establishment
- Brand image:
In this step we will create a unique Facebook page design in order to provide you with a great Facebook look and separate you from your competitors.
- Initial questionnaire completion
- Creating original profile graphic content
- Account setup
On the third step we will setup your Facebook account.
This step includes:
- Full setup of Facebook account
- Profile image, background picture, tabs setup
- Fill the page with information such as an “About us” and franchises info
- Setup the map within every franchise location
- Social media button setup on your website
- Page activity:
When the initial activity is completed, regular activity must be sustained. Page setup is just the beginning. Now we will need to build a strong fan base using the right content.
This step includes:
- Brainstorming ideas and topics for page content posts as a regular session for on-going activity
Some ideas we can offer to consider for now include (as an example):
- Useful information such as class (lesson) schedules, new location openings, pricing of your services and any news about academy
- Personal touch as an appreciation for a long term students, message from the business owner or franchisees
- Information about any events conducted by your academy such as “open house” events, etc
- Photos of your classes, teachers, lessons, events etc
- Info about special offers, discounts or competitions
- Students (or parents) reviews
4.2. Final monthly activity schedule development
- Before begin we will prepare a post schedule and approve it with you.
4.3. Client interaction.
- We will respond to client posts and comments based on your instructions.
- Fan campaign:
Now we need to build you a strong fan (follower) base. In this step we will develop and launch campaigns to attract new followers. And we will also develop and launch campaigns to get your followers to refer their friends to your account.
This step includes:
- Fan campaign strategy development
- Full set of campaign preparations including content writing, design of picture elements, adjustment of all Facebook page settings.
- Campaign conducting and maintaining
- Bringing results
Some of ideas for fan campaigns (as examples):
- “Share post with friends”
According to this type of promotion we offer our followers to share some posts with friends (make a repost on their pages and tell their friends about you) and get any kind of discount for that. As an option we can also offer that they share posts with friends and take part in a competition between those who shared the post with one of the competitors getting a prize. The prize could be your services (free lesson) or any other valuable thing. With teens, usually a “valuable thing” works better.
- Special sale, discount, promotion information
We can post a secret code which only your followers will know and then with this code they can get special services or a discount.
- Marketing message campaign to all fans (followers)
We can setup a subscriptions tab on your Facebook page and send regular news and special info to those who subscribe.
- Facebook paid advertising program
This option is similar to PPC (Google Paid advertising). The benefit of Facebook paid advertising is that you are able to choose your target audience by choosing their age, sex, education, interests, occupation etc.
- Monthly report:
We will provide detail report explaining details, statistic, issues, results and achievements of campaign.
Foursquare is a geo-location based service that offers real time interaction between your location and your online audience. Foursquare allows individuals from anywhere in the world to openly engage with their friends so they know exactly where they are and what they are doing. Users of Foursquare simply “Check-In” on their smartphone such as an iPhone, Blackberry, Android or Palm Pre. Location is based on GPS hardware in the mobile device or network location provided by the application, and the map is based on data from the OpenStreetMap project. Each check-in awards the user points and sometimes “badges”. The user who checks in the most often to a venue becomes the “mayor,” and users regularly vie for “mayorships.”
For marketers Foursquare offers a unique and compelling opportunity to use geo-location based services to promote their brands in real-time.
Let’s find out how Foursquare can benefit your business:
- It’s a Hyper Social Platform
The typical Foursquare user is one of the most desirable demographics. They tend to be young, heavy users of online social media platforms and are actively engaging friends and acquaintances with the businesses they’re interacting with. This demographic is highly mobile, has money to spend and most importantly is very influential. They want to be seen out and usually use Foursquare updates as rallying points for the rest of their social circles.
- Get Found on Foursquare
Many brands and business locations don’t know that Foursquare users use the tool to find local businesses. Instead of using Google maps, users turn to Foursquare’s powerful geo-location based service to search for businesses, browse local establishments and determine what’s close to them. And because Foursquare is almost exclusively used on smartphones, you know those are individuals are interacting with your brand locally.
- Let Foursquare Tips and Reviews Help Generate Buzz
Foursquare allows its members to leave tips for other members when they sign in to a location. Users typically leave tips on what to purchase or experience, often times with a sense of purpose or humor. The brand experience becomes more personalized when a consumer can instantly connect with a previous patron and make an immediate emotional connection based on recommendations they find appealing.
- Increase Your Brand Awareness
You are able to claim your business to give users an accurate perception with information that is up to date. Once your page is up and running, users gain easy access to the content you’ve created and a place to share their experiences by posting pictures and tips. Additionally, all business pages are automatically added to Foursquare’s page gallery that promotes suggested and trending pages. This feature increases your page visibility and the potential to receive more “likes”.
- The Way to Listen to Your Customers
All tips, reviews and photos of your business on your Foursquare page allow you to realize how your customers see your business and what they care about. It’s a great source of trusted and objective opinion about the way you are driving your business to.
The good point about Foursquare is that you don’t even need to maintain it very much. In order to be found on Foursquare we just need to create accounts for every location. In order to make your accounts attractive we need to fill it with basic initial information such as photo of classes, business hours, ways of payment, first reviews etc. And then just let it work.
- Correct accounts setup – different accounts for different locations
- Filling every account with basic information: company details, photo of classes, business hours, ways of payment, website, phone number, first tip
- Door Foursquare sticker for every location in order to remind your location visitors that they can also find you on Foursquare, leave their tips or upload their photos
- In a two months after accounts setup we will provide you an analysis of your foot traffic – how many people checked in to your locations during those two months and who they were. With this analyze we will be able to see if your accounts worked for you and if there are any changes required.
Additional Foursquare services we can use in order to attract clients:
- Special offer for those who “check in” in your location
- Special badge for those who have checked in several times or for those who have checked in at several different locations